Comment on page
Archive of Team payments
To be completed within five working days of the project finishing
Please refer to these wallet addresses and payment sheets in the steps below.
When the project finishes, during the retro and via the projects Discord communication, remind the team to submit their payment request and/or invoice. In the payment documentation, we highlight that payment requests sent on the final day of the project will be paid within five working days. Payment requests received later are subject to a delay.
After completing the project, please submit the following typeform to make sure everyone gets paid:
As part of the process in the Typeform, you'll send the final invoice to the client. It is the responsibility of the Creative Director to make sure this is paid in a timely manner. The Creative Director is not paid until the final project payment has been made.
For xDAI payments, execute the payment requests in the xDAI on Gnosis sheet. You can find the corresponding wallet in the list above.
For DEEP distribution, go to the DEEP tokens tab in your creative director payment Google Sheet (links above):
- Check all DEEP calculations are correct.
- In COLUMN M: Add your name
- In COLUMN N: Add the project name
- In your sheet, you can move the tokens to the 'Paid' tab
What happen's next?
- The amounts will be checked at the monthly finance meeting.
- New tokens will be minted as part of the monthly finance process.
- The Finance Director will distribute the new tokens (no transactions for the creative director/representative 👍)
Each Creative Director has their own payment spreadsheet sorted by project. Find yours in references above.
Check for the following:
- Team members are requesting the correct amount.
The Expert should invoice the total agreed-on Lead Expert payment, and the Contributor should invoice the total agreed-on Contributor payment.
- Experts and collaborators stuck to their agreed payment split, and the total of their two payments adds up to the correct amount on the project budget.
- E.g. Experts payment + Collaborators payment = experts rate + mentoring fee
- If this isn't correct, talk to the team to resolve before making any payment.
- Check for any duplicate payments or mistakes.
If the final invoice has not been paid, do not make payments to the Creative Director, Product Creators or Departments.
- Copy the first five columns of the payment spreadsheet.
- Create a new google spreadsheet
- Paste the first five rows, you should have a spreadsheet that looks like:
- Go to File, Download, Common Separated Values (.csv)
- This will download a .csv file.
- Go to your Gnosis SAFE where the client revenue was received. You can find this in the reference list at the top of this page.
- Go to Apps then open "CSV Airdrop"
- Upload the CSV.
- Check the data output corresponds to your spreadsheet and no errors have been made.
- Note: a common error is a mistyped wallet address or a wallet address with a space at the end, troubleshoot and correct if necessary.
- Click SUBMIT
- Sign the transaction in your wallet.
For the payment to go through, a second signature is required from another Creative Director. This is a check system to make sure what your sending is correct and for any UI/wallet hacks. Make sure the Creative Director you reach out to is aware of what they're checking.
- Go to Transactions > Queue
- Select the transaction and copy the link.
- Send the transaction link to another Creative Director and ask them to approve the transaction.
Once the transaction has two confirmations, you can execute.
- Use the link above to find the transaction. Or go to Transactions > Queue.
- Click the execute button.
- Execute the transaction from your wallet.
- There will be a small gas fee in xDAI. If you don't have any xDAI, please reach out to Charlie as Finance Director to provide you with $1 for transactions.
In the spreadsheet to make sure there are not duplicate payments.
Alert the #payments channel in Discord to the payment being made.
If this is paid, you can now pay the Creative Director, Product Creators and Departments.
- Repeat the process outlined above for paying the team.
Team members are paid within five working days of project completion and are instructed to submit their payment request on the final day of the project. If they send their payment any later, they have the following terms:
*Please note, if an invoice or payment request is not sent on the final project day, and the creative director has already made the team payments, the creative director may take up to 15 working days to complete the payment. This helps the creative directors make the payment on one day and not chase or pay individually.
- Repeat the process outline above for paying the team within 15 days of receiving a payment request.