The Finance Director workflow is split into two sections:
- Finance Director Responsibilities, summarised as maintaining and making sure existing financial systems are operational at all times.
- Monthly Tasks, executable tasks for the financial structure and processes of the organisation.
Goal: maintaining and making sure existing financial systems are operational at all times.
- Financial systems don't function:
- Funds go missing or are sent to wrong person or place.
- Experience of using systems is difficult or time consuming for users.
- Users don't get paid.
- Changes to the org. (non-finance) systems impact negatively and overall financial health of the organisation - e.g. overspend.
- Changes to the org. (non-finance) systems have legal or tax repercussions that could impact the organisation.
- Financial information isn't shared with users in the organisation and accessible.
Monitor internal events to evaluate impact on the financial systems and condition of the organisation. Formally by:
- Participate in the Representative meetings
- Participate in relevant town halls (at request of representative if the meeting has an impact on financial systems)
- Receive signals of issues, bugs or un-intended use of financial systems.
- Be available to respond to signals to maintain healthy financial system.
- Support: within 48 hours on weekdays, shorter text response available via Signal for representatives in emergencies.
- Maintain documentation relating to existing finance systems.
- Fix bugs, respond to issues, make recommendations from signals to maintain existing financial systems are operational at all times.
- Before the end of the month - check if representatives need to adjust their budgets at all and aid in the process of updating budgets.
Tasks to do:
- Decide on Praise distribution
- Representatives to move tokens to Deep Tokens to be Distributed
- Make a note to add this to budget proposal
End of meeting:
- Share with organisation at the end
- Raise snapshot vote with:
- Link to budget
- Transactions to execute to departments
- Token's to be minted and distributed
- Adjustments to token distribution and multipliers
- Gas expenses to be paid
- After successful snapshot vote
- Execute on chain
- After a successful governance vote, take the amounts agreed in: Deep Tokens to be Distributed (Agreed)
- Take the total amount of new tokens to be minted.
- Enter the DEEP token address: 0x857c02F825fa8b1E9a1f7248c6C089b5874e30A8
- Follow the steps to mint the required amount of new tokens, these will be sent to the Gnosis SAFE to manage tokens.
- Distribute the tokens from the DEEP Token SAFE (see instructions in treasury payments for how to make payments using Gnosis and the csv. upload technique.
There are distributions for: - Product Creator Fees - Reinvest mechanism
- Convert stable coins to the required amount of ETH.
- Mark transactions as paid in the Operations Payment spreadsheet.
- Monitor and execute and processes for the re-invest mechanism.